Enzyme and Microorganism Molecular Genetics Laboratory is focused on
- Industrial enzymes and improving their activities and stabilities with molecular genetics techniques (site directed mutagenesis, chemical mutagenesis, recombinant DNA technologies).
- Investigation of renewable bioenergy (new cellulosic enzymes by metagenomic approach for bioethanol production, biohydrogen production by using photosynthetic bacterium Rhodobacter capsulatus).
- Metagenomics for microbial diversity and new potential enzymes.
- Microbial Proteomics
Enzyme and Microorganism Molecular Genetics Laboratory is desired to make a maximum contribution to science and technology by strengthening its national and international partnerships.
- 2D protein separation by PF 2D (Sample preparation included)
- 2 sample analysis and comparison from PF 2D separation.
- Genomic DNA isolation from microorganisms
- Plazmit DNA isolation from microorganisms
DNA QUANTITY QUALITY MEASUREMENT
- Visualization of sample DNA by agaroz gel electrophoresis
- Nanodrop measurement by 1-2µl DNA sample
- Quantity, quality and molecular size determination of DNA molecule / 25-1000 bp
- Quantity, quality and molecular size determination of DNA molecule / 100-12000 bp
- Bioanalyzer (DNA, RNA and protein measurment)
- BSL 3 infrastructure
- DNA sequencing systems
- Mass spectrometers system
- Laser microdissection microscope
- Laboratory Automation Workstation
- Calss II cell culture rooms
- 2D Protein fraction by Backan Coulter PF-2D in liquid phase