Basic activities of Enzyme and Microbial Biotechnology strategic business unit include screening of microorganisms from different environments for industrial enzymes, isolation and identification of these microorganisms, optimization of the process technologies for important enzymes, prufication, immobilization and formulation of the products for industry.
Genomic, proteomic and site directed mutagenesis techniques are used for structural-functional analysis, modification of the enzymes for stability/activity, and recombinant production of enzymes. Metagenomic approach is also used for investigation of microbial diversity and potential enzyme mining from different environmental samples.
In GEBİ, Microorganism Bioresource Center provides conservation of microorganisms and put into serves for industrial usage.
Enzyme and Microbial Biotechnology strategic business unit has two laboratories;
a) Enzyme and Fermentation Technology Laboratory
b) Enzyme and Microorganism Genetics Laboratory
- Industrial enzymes and improving their activities and stabilities with molecular genetics techniques
- Investigation of renewable bioenergy (bioethanol, biohydrogen).
- Metagenomics for microbial diversity and new potential enzymes.
- Microbial Process Technologies
- Immobilized Enzyme and Microorganism Technology
- Determination of Microbial Diversity
- Enzyme Engineering and Technologies
- Microbial Proteomics